Saturday, December 5, 2015

Departure...

December 05, 2015:

I said: "Let me walk in the field";
God said: 'Nay, walk in the town";
I said: "There are no flowers there";
He said: "No flowers, but a crown."
I said: "But the sky is black,
There is nothing but noise and din";
But He wept as He sent me back,
"There is more," He said, "there is sin
I said: "But the air is thick,
And fogs are veiling the sun";
He answered: "Yet souls are sick,
And souls in the dark undone."
I said: "I shall miss the light,
And friends will miss me, they say";
He answered me, "Choose tonight,
If I am to miss you, or they."
I pleaded for time to be given;
He said: "Is it hard to decide?
It will not seem hard in Heaven
To have, followed the steps of your Guide."
I cast one look at the fields,
Then set my face to the town;
He said: "My child, do you yield?
Will you leave the flowers for the crown?"
Then into His hand went mine,
And into my heart came He;
And I walk in a light Divine,
The path I had feared to see.
--George MacDonald

It's so hard to see what God is doing sometimes. They really are right when they say 'no one said this life would be easy.' No matter what friends you have or what money you have there comes a point in time where it will be just you and God and thats okay.


Sometimes you just need to take some time out and cry out to God at the beach. 




December 04, 2015:

'How you leave a place of service is just as important as knowing where God wants you to go.' - Warren Wiersbe

I have been super blessed to call Calvary Chapel South Bay my home church so it's crazy to think God would ever pull me out of there, let alone the ministries i'm in. But it seems as if Gods pulling me near that direction. I haven't exactly heard from Him yet so I won't be taking any steps without His direction but as I read the last chapter of Warren Wiersbe's 'On being a Servant of God' I'm reminded of the words above. Often times when moving out of ministries our hearts may often get excited to move to the next ministry or vice versa be super sad to leave. Whatever the case may be I love that our service must always be the same and lately I have not quite been doing so. My heart seems to have gotten hard and I don;t even know what God is doing yet and thats a bad start already, because that can hinder from His work getting done. 

Lord give me a new heart and help me to remain patient and steadfast to You call me out to new ministries.


How often do people get to sing with Brenden McPeek and Scott Cunningham? BLESSED.


"Por favor no saca los manos de el vehĂ­culo, GRACIAS' - Micahs Disneyland impersonation as we ride the tram at CCCM.


Ice skating with the Jr. Highers. How many times do you think these girls fell? 


Youthworkers? Where?



No comments:

Post a Comment