Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Comfort


About two years ago my grandma had to get heart surgery to replace her pacer. It was a season in my life where i got SO ahead of not just myself but God. i knew being at her age there were high risk factors for this surgery and not only so but the thought of losing someone so close to me made me so fearful. With so much getting ahead of myself i wanted to spend as much time with her because i thought she'd be leaving me. Praise God she made it through her surgery. But one thing God showed me during that time was comfort. I knew she was just as scared as i was and the only one who could comfort her was God. For the first time in my life i was able to pray with her, and not only so but i led her in the sinners prayer. It had to have been one of the most comforting things ever in my life. Glory to God.

Its been quite a few weeks now since i've last visited her but the Lord is constantly stirring my heart to visit her. Even though her house mostly consists of no wi-fi, watching novelas, and lot's of 'i watched this on the news the other day' (which mostly aren't true) the Lord has placed me there to comfort her. Comfort looks different in each situation and for this one it's mostly a matter of comforting her while she's alone most of her day. Gramps is always out working, and well she really just needs someone to be there. 

Comfort does not come naturally to me - i believe in situations like this the Holy Spirit works through me to give a comfort beyond my understanding. A comfort that only He can give.

"Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God." Isaiah 40:1

No comments:

Post a Comment