Thursday, January 7, 2016


After singing this song about 5 times, I'm brought back to my devotions this morning:

"I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content" Philippians 4:11

This mornings devo's were geared towards being content with WHO God has made us each to be and the gifts He's given us. As i covered and listened to 'Till i see you' by Hillsong this verse spoke to me however, pointing to a different area in my life - being content with WHERE He has me. With so many people around me who are graduating college, have careers, in relationships, building families it's hard not to be moved by those things and yes EVEN when God's already spoken. 'Why am I not there?' or 'I wish this/that..' are some thoughts that occasionally cross my mind. Heck sometimes the ones around me question if i really know where I'm suppose to be. But take heart friends:

"I will live to love You

I will live to bring You praise
I will live a child in awe of You"

If you notice the pronouns in this song they are 'I' and 'You.' That's not to say to shun the whole world out, because as believers we need fellowship and tight friendships. However, this walk of ours is one on one (juan on juan), you and God, not you, your neighbor, and God. If God is calling you to something that looks totally different than those around you, TRUST HIM, but not just that, be CONTENT - RUN WITH HIS PLAN FOR YOU WITH PRIDE AND JOY UNTO HIM.

This heart, body, soul, and mind is Christs, I ought to do everything in my being for Him and Him alone, 'till i see Him face to face.

No comments:

Post a Comment