Tuesday, January 26, 2016

"Then Jesus told His disciples...that they should always pray and not give up." Luke 18:1

"Go to the ant." Tammerlane used to relate to his friends an anecdote of his early life. "I once," he said, "was forced to take shelter from my enemies in a ruined building, where I sat alone many hours. Desiring to divert my mind from my hopeless condition, I fixed my eyes on an ant that was carrying a grain of corn larger than itself up a high wall. I numbered the efforts it made to accomplish this object. The grain fell sixty-nine times to the ground; but the insect persevered, and the seventieth time it reached the top. This sight gave me courage at the moment, and I never forgot the lesson.
--The King's Business

"To someone who prays in faith, unanswered prayers are simply the evidence that the answer is much closer. From beginning to end, our Lords lessons and examples teach us that prayer that is not steadfast and persistent, nor revived and refreshed, and does not gather strength from previous prayers is not the prayer that will triumph."
--William Arthur

"In any of the arts, when the artist ceases to practice, we know the results. If we would only use the same level of common sense in our faith that we use in our everyday life, we would be moving on toward perfection."
--Arthur Rubinstein

Todays devo was extremely encouraging. The Lord has been reminding me of the importance of not just prayer but diligent prayer, and it's so awesome that He has confirmed it through others!


Enjoyed a morning hike and a trip to Trader Joes with mama bear and ended my night with PM, the drama we're working on is pretty powerful - stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment