Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The power of prayer.
Do you ever have those days when you have either a full days shift or long day of school ahead of you that you're not looking forward too? Well praise the Lord that these last two days have not been so. Within these last two days the Lord has been showing me - not just the patience i need -  but focusing on communicating with Him more throughout the day. In doing so, my burdens have become extremely light. And not say that work/school is always a burden but when its not something you exactly love, at times it can be. However, i found that TRYING to pray throughout the WHOLE day really makes 1. the day not as much of a drag but 2. the Lord hears the petitions i'm making and 3. He's refining me/growing my faith in the process of prayer. I experienced this not only so at work but at our first outreach of the year tonight as well. We have been praying for this event for weeks now, prayed before we went out, and even still continue to pray for the work God did there. This probably was really my first time seeking and praying over something so much, and the Lord was faithful to answer! On behalf of myself, i asked the Lord for divine appointments, to pray for people - and He truly heard my prayer and brought along some women that we spent quite a few minutes with. This may seem like  something so small but i thank God for it because with such small requests come souls that are transformed by the grace of God and not only so but my faith grows.


No comments:

Post a Comment