Monday, January 4, 2016

According to what they can endure.

Missions closet cleanup - "Servants"

I don't usually attend Sunday morning service, let alone watch it online but today i did with the mindset of 'hey you never know what God may have in store for you' and praise the Lord that He was faithful to speak to me. Pastor Jeff was in the book of Philippians and to say the very least 'the earth ought not be a burden, it's great - who can deny that, but heaven is greater.' Every moment that i wake i should be reminded that it is indeed a gift given from God that ought to be used to His glory, and how we easily forget that. Heaven is but our reward and yet here on earth we get to prepare for that place. Praise the Lord for simple yet refreshing messages. 

*Also side note just started a book, so good so far. Ladies lets just say 'we ought not just be looking for mr right but trying to be mrs right." tss ouch

" So let my lord go on ahead of his servant, while I move along slowly at the pace of the flocks and herds before me and the pace of the children, until I come to my lord in Seir." Genesis 33:14

Just the same way Jacob says this to Esau God says this to us. i am SO grateful that God YES moves according to His will but He also moves according to what we can handle. Often times i get so shaken by the fact that i will never be to par with God's standards. 'How could He have chosen me, someone who doesn't do their devos everyday?' or 'How could He have chosen me, someone who doesn't think about Him as much as they should, knowing He's given everything for my sake?' BUT PRAISE GOD THE FATHER FOR HE IS GRACIOUS AND KNOWS EXACTLY HOW FAST OR SLOW WE MOVE THAT HE WILLINGLY WALKS BESIDE US. He knows when we need rest because He himself needed it too (John 4:6). He knows how we are formed, he remembers we are dust of this earth (Psalm 103:14). 

"Never mind if you think you are unable to take another step, for either He will strengthen you to make you able, or He will call a sudden halt, and you will not have to take it at all." - Frances Ridley Havergal

In "pastures green"? Not always; sometimes He

Who knowest best, in kindness leadeth me

In weary ways, where heavy shadows be.
So, whether on the hill-tops high and fair
I dwell, or in the sunless valleys, where
The shadows lie, what matter? He is there.
--Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment